MidMount™ 400 Series
Fast and powerful to get the job done on time, every time. The Grasshopper 440 zero-turn lawn mower features the legendary power of a Vanguard Big Block EFI, V-twin with Electronic Throttle Control engine that delivers best-in-class torque and fuel economy. Commercial landscapes depend on Grasshopper mowers for their comfort, performance, productivity, quality and dependability.Request Quote Financing Videos
*Models may be shown with optional equipment. Applicable freight, set-up and taxes not included in "Starting At" MSRP. Options and accessories extra. All prices USD and subject to change without notice. See local dealer for complete pricing and available offers.
Vanguard Big Block EFI Engine
- 993 cc Vanguard Big Block EFI engine with optimized fuel injection and spark timing for added power and fuel economy
- V-twin OHV technology with superior balance, low vibration, lower emissions, improved valve life, better fuel economy and higher HP/Weight
- Industrial grade solenoid shift starter for quick, reliable starts
- Suite of support and diagnostic tools allows for minimizing potential downtime
- Facilitates faster and more precise service
Ultimate Operator Station™
- The Grammer Premier Suspension Seat is covered with breathable CoolTemp Cordura® fabric which dissipates heat and won’t tear or crack. This seat offers the ultimate in customized operator fit. It adjusts to the individual operator’s weight and slides fore and aft. The backrest tilts and includes adjustable lumbar support. Adjustable, foldable, padded armrests complete the comfort features of this seat. QuikAjust Tilt™ dual levers with 9-inch adjustment and the adjustable seat work together to provide a custom fit for operators of all sizes.
- Operational controls including throttle, choke and angled View-Eze™ console and adjustable cup holder are well positioned for visibility and ease of reach
- One- or two-handed operation with ComfortReach™ adjustable Hydra-Smooth™ dual levers that automatically return to neutral from either forward or reverse position.
Heavy Duty Deck
- Extra-deep, 5.5-inch deck is fabricated from heavy-gauge formed steel with a reinforced anvil edge
- Specially designed cutting chambers enhance airflow for better cut quality
- Deck easily converts from side discharge to optional Down Discharge™ mulching or PowerVac™ collection
- Sentry™ spindles with massive, 8-inch flanges anchored in a 6-bolt pattern, spread the force of impact for greater strength
- Spindle planes are fabricated from double-layered formed steel laminate and combine with the spindles to form a triple-strength deck to keep blades level and deliver a high-quality cut.
- Sentry™ spindle guards shield spindle housing and seal lower bearings from fiber wrap and dirt ingestion
Hydraulic Height Adjustment
Vigilant Operator Presence System™
Design-Matched G2 Transmission
- Rugged G2 transmission with auxiliary cooling fans, HydroGear variable displacement 21 cc piston-type pumps and high-torque Parker wheel motors
- CoolFan™ hydro cooling system with 7-micron absolute filter for cooling efficiency
- Delivers smooth response and requires less maintenance, with industry-leading 1,000-hour fluid change interval
- Robotically-welded steel construction for long-lasting durability
- Centered-bearing design provides greater load-bearing capacity to handle the weight of operator, fuel and high-capacity collector with reserve strength for curb shocks and weight shifts
- Tough-as-nails powder-coated finish is fusion-bonded for chip and rust resistance
LED Work Lights
QuikAjust Tilt™ Levers
All specifications and information displayed on this Web site are subject to change without notice.