Oct 1, 2014
Grasshopper delivers ÃÂÃÂOne-Pass PerfectionÃÂÃÂ for lawn care pros at GIE+EXPO 2014
ÂÂÂFall 500ÂÂÂ sales event offers special pricing on Grasshopper mowers for GIE+EXPO visitors
Moundridge, Kan. ÂÂÂ Lawn care professionals who attend the GIE+EXPO in Louisville, Ky., will have the opportunity to learn how the complete line of fuel-efficient Grasshopper zero-turn mowers and year-round, zero-turn attachments and implements can make them more productive and profitable all year long. Show attendees will be able to take advantage of GrasshopperÂÂÂs ÂÂÂFall 500ÂÂÂ sales event, which includes special GIE+EXPO show pricing on a new Grasshopper power unit and $500 off of an attachment or accessory ÂÂÂ such as a PowerVacÂÂÂ Collection System or DriftBusterÂÂÂ snowthrower ÂÂÂ with low-interest, low-payment financing; zero-percent financing options are also available in-lieu of the $500 implement discount. The ÂÂÂOne-Pass PerfectionÂÂÂ theme highlights GrasshopperÂÂÂs reputation for designing zero-turn mowers and attachments that deliver immaculate results ÂÂÂ whether mowing grass, collecting leaves, aerating soil or clearing snow ÂÂÂ with the ability to perform those lawn care tasks and more with only one power unit and one engine to maintain. Grasshopper, exhibiting at booths 9136 (inside) and 7542D (outside), will also showcase the following:
- HighLiftÂÂÂ 15B PowerVacÂÂÂ ÂÂÂ The new HighLiftÂÂÂ 15B collector takes productivity to new heights. The 15-cu. ft.-capacity metal hopper can be raised easily at the touch of a switch to a maximum height of 72 inches to empty clippings precisely where they need to go in the center of a pick-up bed, trailer or other elevated space. The collector also easily clears fences and compost pile walls. The PowerVacÂÂÂ Collection System features a deck-driven Quik-D-Tatch® vac capable of picking up virtually anything for a clean sweep on every pass ÂÂÂ including wet grass, high-moisture leaves, pine straw and dethatching debris ÂÂÂ without clogging for uninterrupted productivity. Look for it in the New Products Area.
- Expanded V Series ÂÂÂ Two new mower models ÂÂÂ 125V and 225V ÂÂÂ offer commercial features and durability at an economical price. Specifications include a 747cc Kohler Confidant engine with 3-year engine manufacturer warranty, fully hydraulic integrated pump-and-wheel-motor drive with greater weight bearing capacity to accommodate high-capacity grass collectors, best-in-class transmission fluid change interval with no break-in period, and 5.5-inch, extra-deep cutting decks.
- Grasshopper Fuel and Emissions Calculator ÂÂÂ This useful tool presents visitors with fuel costs and savings comparisons, greenhouse and smog-forming gas emissions per hour of mowing, and overall profitability comparisons for each of the three most popular fuel choices for commercial mowers. Learn more at www.grasshoppermower.com/fuel-calculator/.
- Grasshopper owners Freddy & Cathey Daughtrey of Daughtrey Lawn Maintenance in Paris, Texas, and Jim & Karen Marschel of Dry Fork Lawn Care in Warrenton, Mo., will be special guests at the indoor booth this year. Both couples have storied histories of putting Grasshopper equipment to work in profitable lawn care companies and will be available to answer questions about how Grasshopper has contributed to their personal and business success.
- Nashville Getaway Giveaway ÂÂÂ Grasshopper is the official grounds maintenance provider of the Gaylord Opryland Resort in Nashville, Tenn. Visitors to GIE+EXPO can register to win a 3-day, 2-night stay for two at this internationally recognized hotel.
In addition, Grasshopper will be exhibiting key products including indoors and outdoors:
- PowerFold® Electric Deck Lift ÂÂÂ Grasshopper is celebrating 10 years of PowerFold®, the zero-turn industryÂÂÂs first electric deck lift, introduced in 2004. PowerFold® effortlessly raises the out-front mower deck at the touch of a switch for easier underside deck maintenance; it also provides on-the-go cutting height adjustment. PowerFold® is available for 48-, 52-, 61- and 72-inch Grasshopper FrontMountÂÂÂ decks.
- MaxTorqueÂÂÂ diesel mowers, which help lawn care professionals meet emissions goals while providing convenient, cost-effective power and performance. MaxTorqueÂÂÂ diesel models power through the toughest of jobs with minimal fuel use and little maintenance. The fuel-injected diesel engines save up to 900 gallons of fuel over 1,000 hours of use and are powerful and agile enough for any job, big or small.
- AERA-vatorÂÂÂ ÂÂÂ A coreless lawn aerator for Grasshopper FrontMountÂÂÂ mowers, the out-front, zero-turn aerator helps aerate turf and compacted soil in hard-to-reach areas previously accessible with walk-behind aerators only.
- Winter Productivity Implements ÂÂÂ WeatherBeaterÂÂÂ Winter Enclosure with LED lights, electric windshield wiper and 16,000 BTU heater, DriftBusterÂÂÂ Snowthrower, CleanSweepÂÂÂ Rotary Broom and Little BullyÂÂÂ Dozer Blade.
As an added attraction, internationally renowned cartoonist Charles King will entertain visitors to the indoor booth with custom, hand-drawn cartoon portraits on Thurs., Oct. 23, and Friday, Oct. 24. For more than 30 years, King has ÂÂÂdrawn a crowdÂÂÂ for companies at trade shows across the country. King has also had the privilege of drawing for Presidents Jimmy Carter and Ronald Reagan. Grasshopper will also be posting live updates from GIE+EXPO 2014 on MOWmentumÂÂÂ, the official Grasshopper Mower blog and on Facebook and Twitter. Stay connected with Grasshopper online: MOWmentumÂÂÂ Blog: https://www.grasshoppermower.com/mowmentum/ Official Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/grasshoppermowr Official Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/grasshoppermowr (@GrasshopperMowr) About Grasshopper The Grasshopper Company is a privately held corporation dedicated solely to the design and production of commercial and large-acreage mowing and grounds maintenance equipment. Grasshopper introduced the first zero-turn mower with dual swing-out levers in 1969, and other industry firsts include the first diesel-powered zero-turn radius mower in 1983 and the first electric-actuated fold-up mower deck in 2004. Based in Moundridge, Kan., the company distributes its products worldwide and is committed to lean and clean manufacturing practices reducing impact to the environment.
# # #
The Grasshopper Company is a privately held corporation dedicated solely to the design and production of commercial and large-acreage mowing and grounds maintenance equipment. Grasshopper introduced the first zero-turn radius mower with dual swing-out levers in 1969, and other industry firsts include the first liquid-cooled diesel-powered zero-turn radius mower in 1983 and the first electric-actuated fold-up mower deck in 2004. Based in Moundridge, Kan., the company distributes its products worldwide and is committed to lean and clean manufacturing practices reducing impact to the environment.
# # #