MODEL 226VCommercial-grade pump and wheel motor drive systems help our Model 226V deliver smooth response, durability and low maintenance, all in one compact package that easily transports on trailers or fits into shops or garages with limited space.
*Actual results may vary. Click here for details.
Models depicted on this site may be shown with optional equipment.
- Extra-deep, 5.5-inch deck is fabricated from heavy-gauge formed steel with a reinforced anvil edge
- Specially designed cutting chambers enhance airflow for better cut quality
- Deck easily converts from side discharge to optional Down Discharge™ mulching or PowerVac™ collection
- Sentry™ spindles with massive, 8-inch flanges anchored in a 6-bolt pattern, spread the force of impact for greater strength
- Spindle planes are fabricated from double-layered formed steel laminate and combine with the spindles to form a triple-strength deck to keep blades level and deliver a high-quality cut.
- Sentry™ spindle guards shield spindle housing and seal lower bearings from fiber wrap and dirt ingestion
- Design-matched hydrostatic transmission with 12 cc variable displacement piston-style pumps and Parker high-torque wheel motors offers smooth, predictable response
- In-line cooling fans and 7-micron absolute filter
- No power-robbing gearbox or other wear parts prolong service life
- Provides best-in-class 500-hour transmission fluid change interval with no break-in period, reducing costs and maintenance time
- ComfortZone™ seat eliminates jostles and jolts with coil-spring suspension and a fully padded, high-back seat, padded armrests and variable density foam cushion. Iso-mounting smooths the ride, erases fatigue and keeps the operator comfortably in control at faster mowing speeds
- Operational controls including throttle, choke and angled View-Eze™ console and adjustable cup holder are well positioned for visibility and ease of reach
- One- or two-handed operation with ComfortReach™ adjustable Hydra-Smooth™ dual levers that automatically return to neutral from either forward or reverse position.
- Robotically-welded steel construction for long-lasting durability
- Centered-bearing design provides greater load-bearing capacity to handle the weight of operator, fuel and high-capacity collector with reserve strength for curb shocks and weight shifts
- Tough-as-nails powder-coated finish is fusion-bonded for chip and rust resistance
All specifications and information displayed on this Web site are subject to change without notice.
"As a young man working my way through college I worked at Bunton Mowers in Louisville, KY. I enjoyed putting the pieces together like a puzzle and welding them. I learned there what quality was and Bunton does make a quality product. So when my wife and I bought a 10+ acre farm we knew that we needed quality in a mower. We considered a Bunton (among many others). However, we chose a Grasshopper because they have the same quality welds and most of all NO STAMPED parts to deform or rust! After putting over 140 hours on my mower in less then one year I have to say that the Grasshopper exceeds the quality of the Bunton. We made the right decision with, what we consider, our investment, and the only mower we will ever have to purchase again. Thank you all at the Grasshopper team for taking pride in your work and making such a fine product."
— David K, Live Oak, FL
"I have had a lot of mowers and this grasshopper is the best. It has never let me down and cuts great with out any problems. It has a great ride and very reliable. I let a lot of people use this mower and everyone has loved it."
— Tom C, Oak Grove, MO